View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Against extreme LP

I can't put him on 83 because he called my raise preflop, and then check/called the flop. Since he called my flop bet, we have to figure that he has something here on this hand. One of the hands we have to think about are a PP, I beat anything except AA, JJ, and 33, but he didn't show any strength preflop or on the flop so we can cancel those out, or safely decide he doesn't have them, especially AA and JJ preflop.

We look for a weaker holding now. Could it be J3? I don't think so because he probably would have either open bet the flop, or check-raised me. Could it be Jx? It could be and so we have to watch for any signs of rising strength that he could possibly have beat me.

The turn brings the 8 and he open bets me (also called a donk? I'm not familiar with that term). Anyways, so now we have to think J8 possibly? Two pair? This hand I beat with KK33 so I am not worried about J8. Could he possibly have J3 now on the turn trying to slowplay? Something tells me no.

So my situation is that I can beat J8 and pretty much up to this point, there is no flush draw, no straight draw...I pretty much have the hand covered. I knew the hand was going to the river after the turn so capping the turn wasn't something I felt was necessary.

Now the river, comes a Jack. Now if he is hold Jx, he beats me. 3x he beats me, 88 he beats me. So much of a range, but the way he played this hand, I'm putting him on J8 so he can't have the flush in this situation.

So I reduce his hand to J8 or Jx and call down because the pot was large and I felt I could have possibly had him beat since he was showing weakness. I would say I felt I had him beat about 35% after the river card came. I would say I felt I had him beat 90% on the turn.

I'm going back through this hand now and putting my random thoughts down. Respond if you choose.