View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: If There Is No God

[ QUOTE ]

because you are effectively defining God in a manner which suits your assertions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm defining God the way the Bible does. I don't base His definition on my logic. All human reason is circular in the larger sense. You have to start with a presupposition. That presupposition defines and limits what conclusions you will reach.

[ QUOTE ]

Specifically, as I pointed out, God could have created a framework which has the capability of existing on its own merit

[/ QUOTE ]

He could not have done this because it is logically impossible given the nature of God, anymore than He can lie or create a square circle. I know, that's circular. It's a presupposition. It's what the Bible says God is.

[ QUOTE ]

All you're doing is ASSERTING that if it exists it must derive from God.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I'm asserting what the Bible says, "Nothing has come into being apart from Him". Because if something exists apart from God He isn't God.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, as I point out elsewhere in this thread, it makes AT LEAST as much sense to posit a naturally existing universal framework,

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't because to do so you must presuppose the non-existence of the Biblical God, which destroys all sense.