View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: hypothetical weak draw

[ QUOTE ]
interesting situation i was thinking about. 1-2 NL, 200$ stacks. You are viewed as overly loose and overly aggressive, you view the table as overly tight and overly weak.

6max, CO open limps, you overlimp with 67 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . SB completes and BB checks.

Flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], pot has 8$ minus rake.

Q1: SB leads out. What is the maximum you'd be willing to call?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would definitely be willing to call up to half pot since it indicates weakness and I might be able to steal on the turn. If it is full pot, then I think the combination of reduced stealing likelihood, reduced chance that a 6 or 7 is good, and the possibility of a raise behind me makes it too expensive.

[ QUOTE ]
Q2: If you knew BB or CO would call, how much would you know be willing to call?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's still a weak draw, and now you know that 6 and 7 are very unlikely to be good. Particularly 6 is no good for sure. So I still don't think I can call more than half pot for implied odds especially once you take into account the fact that you're not closing the action. Put you on the BN and have them call in front of you and you can call more obviously.

[ QUOTE ]
Q3: If SB leads out, is raising the better play? If so, what bet amounts? (Would make raising > calling or folding, and if you raise, to how much % pot)

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about raising not closing the action. I think this is a very interesting point. Of course you'd like to shut out marginal hand behind you and you'd also like to increase fold equity on the turn/gain a free card/build a pot in case you hit. But perhaps it is too big of an investment not closing the action, with such a weak draw. That is my general feeling, but I'm not positive about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Q4: If checked to you, do you take the free card?

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely. No one folds at NL200 even if you think they are 'too tight'.

Edit: Apparently my poor poker playing has transfered over to reading comprehension as well. Since we're on the BN, I'm calling in most spots. I might raise if I'm heads up. Particularly against a weak bet.