View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Any high stakes guys lurk in here?

Saw this post under the post of the day category and thought i would give my 2 cents

Let me begin by saying a year ago I was playing 1/2 2/4 &3/6 and I watched 5/10 games in awe at how much money was thrown around and large swings

Now my regular game is 30/60 and I am rolled for higher when i am ready

I dont consider myself a great player, however I have put in alot of time and research, and learned to beat each level thru persistence and constantly plugging trying to plug holes and rerunning hands in my head wondering what i could have done to take down the pot

the swings are hard to take, but if you wait until your BR can support the jump to another level it can make the adjustment ALOT easier....

even now i cant imagine playing 100/200 that just seems unreal, but hopefully there will come a day that my BR can afford such swings and i can make that transition

looking back the hardest transition for me was moving up to 5/10 it took what seemed like forever to learn to beat this game and even longer to make a permanant tranistion to 10/20

w/ each level in addition to the larger swings u will have new challenges in the way of tougher competition and have to master new skills that will be required to beat ea. level

the swings should not be ur biggest concern, you should be able to afford them before taking the risk

i made the mistake of moving up 2 soon a couple times underbankrolled and ended up playing way to tight and passive and was quickly sent packing to a lower limit and a large loss

anyway just my thoughts

also, unrelated but gonna say it anyway....take the time to master shorthanded play, this was a huge breakthru for me

later