View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 11:32 PM

Default JJ : First hand, early position. Question on Turn.

Hello!

Just started playing NL sit and go on party. Did around 50 so far and doing good. Still learning and i'm seeking some advices on this hand. I actually busted on the first hand of the tournament, lol!

I don't really know how to use the converter so i'll do it my way and hope it looks clear :

Party 10$+1

I'm UTG+1. UTG folds. I have J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Blinds 10/15

I open raise to 55.

I get reraised to 95, one cold call and I complete.

Flop : 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players) Pot : 310

I bet 200 chips.
Reraiser calls
Coldcaller folds.

Turn : Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Pot = 710 chips)

I bet 505 chips and I'm all-in.

The guy calls me and he's all-in too.

Of course, i played the turn bad. I can't like that queen especially versus the reraiser. I thought the guy had 2 overcards or maybe a low pocket pair (you get to see this a lot in 10$+1). I know I have no reason at this point to risk all my chips so early in tournament, but I'm just wondering how should I play this on the turn. Check/Fold?

The guy had AJ, hit a K on river and win with a straight... lol.. But I don't want to be result oriented, am i right to assume that I had to slow down on turn and get ready to fold, waiting for a better spot to win my chips..?

Thanks!

faded.