View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: results and thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
I like the idea of betting the river a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i kind of played it like a pussy.
it is amazing though how much more complex the game becomes when you get deep.
however i think that i have to lead the river here...and normally i play it a little more aggressively...but for some reason i just got a really strong feeling that he had KK.

it just seemed so odd to play any other hand that way.
however in retrospect i guess its not that bad of a line to take with AK or AA once the turn gets there as he certainly slowed me down (although i hate his flop check).

i think the reason i won the minimum here is because of his flop check...if it was heads up i could understand it but he's checking behind three callers... why give us a free shot at the set unless he has KK? he has to put at least one of us on a pocket pair, and even though we're most likely drawing to two outs why give us infinate odds to get there?
and then he has to play guessing games on the turn if someone comes out firing...it just seems like a really odd way to play AA or AK in that situation.

but i think this is just another example of how much easier it is to mull over all of these factors in retrospect...i mean as soon as the hand was over i'm thinking to myself there is no way he makes such a small raise in position after three limpers with AA or AK, since he knows no one is folding.