View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Stats, Downswings, and Whatnot

I always seem to come in on the tail end of the good threads.

I don't particularly care for the stat posts. I do occasionally enjoy reading them. But when they got buried in a single thread in micros I completely lost interest in them. I dislike them being lumped all together. That's all I have to say about that.

I do have one other topic to broach tho.

I agree with a lot of the things Tom said, I just don't agree with how he said them. But, I believe he was taken out of context as to one point.

Tom said

[ QUOTE ]
At the same time, while some people won't like a particular post or thread, there will be many others that do. They will often not be heard from. It is the complainers who tend to get heard the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Wookie responded with

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, you contend that I must cater not only to the needs of those who are vocal, but also to those that aren't when I choose what threads to lock, move, delete, or whatever I do to sculpt the forum. Even if we assume that I can magically know the desires (and numbers) of these people, I disagree with you. I contend that it's only the people who post that I need to cater to. See, a forum with nothing but lurkers does not a forum make. We need posters, or else we won't even have lurkers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I may have my contexts mixed up here, in which case I apologize.

However, I don't think Tom was referring to lurkers when he made his statement.

Or, maybe because I don't voice my displeasure when I see something happening that I don't particularly agree with (but not to the point of really upsetting me enuf to say something)....I'm considered a lurker. But I think there are others, who do contribute quit a bit to these forums, that do not make noise just because they believe an unproductive action is being taken.

And I didn't get any jollies from reading the rest of the reply so I didn't. Sorry if I missed something important. But that's how it is when I run across any other post I feel is irrelevant or useless....I ignore it. It'll get locked or deleted or moved or simply fall off the first few pages when the rest of the forum gets sick of it. And the really good ones keep getting bumped anyway. It's a fine citizens patrol we have here.

(Upon proof reading my post I think I have come off a little rude and unproductive myself. My apologies again. It's late and I'm tired and I don't want to redo it. I don't mean any disrespect. If fact I have the utmost respect for most all the members of this community.)