View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Backers? little content, but for me!

[ QUOTE ]
I have played Hold em, and won, as high as 30/60. I played it 3 times and won twice, the third time losing relatively a little.

[/ QUOTE ]
i know lots of people who have won two out of three sessions playing mid-limit hold 'em. yet, i would not stake any of them unless it was using a wooden stake to nail them to the table so that they could not leave and would give all of the money back.

surely someone with a 140 IQ understands why your post is ludicrous.

get a job and play poker as a hobby. allow me to quote paul phillips on this one since he is more articulare than i am:

"My advice to aspiring pros is to change aspirations. Poker seems much more glamorous than it actually is, and for every player who is living the dream, there are dozens who aren't. If you're smart enough to succeed at this game, you're smart enough to succeed in the real world, with much greater satisfaction. If you don't want to work for “the man”, then start your own company and put your efforts into that.

I think poker is a great hobby but a very poor choice of profession. I'm concerned that the current poker craze is going to leave us with legions who eventually discover that poker isn't all it's cracked up to be, but who have also rendered themselves largely unemployable."

good luck,
tpir