View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I decided that if he also had a 3, he would have either bet the flop or raised the turn in most cases. Failing to do either rules out that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused why you thought he would bet or raise with a 3 in his hand yet you thought a T was a possibility. Why would you think he would bet 3rd pair but not 2nd pair ATF? A LP non-bet ATF against the BB usually means air, monster, or a draw that fears a CR - no?

BTW - Good read, and nh sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players like this usually bet bottom when checked to them as sort of a semi-bluff. They don't mind taking the pot down, but if you call they figure they will just make two pair or a set later [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]. Middle pair makes them nervous because they really don't want to fold and they won't know where they are if they get called. It's just a pattern I've noticed from the type of crazy player that this guy is.

It was more of the combination of not betting the flop, and not raising the turn that convinced me he didn't have a 3.

As far as it being a good read, well, it actually hurt me. After I talked with him at the break and he confirmed that I put him on his exact hand and made a ballsy play to double through... I got overly confident about my ability to outplay him.

Instead of staying frosty, I felt like I was entitled to all of his chips. A few hours later he limped from late position and I pushed over the top of him with pocket 10's before giving adequate thought to what he was up to. The second after I pushed I realized that this hand felt different from several other hands in which he was involved. I acted on instinct, but my instinct was betraying me because it was based on how I felt about him in general and not how I felt about that particular hand. He "trapped" me with jacks a few tables from the money and I learned an expensive lesson from him. While I can appreciate the process of continued learning in this game, it really pisses me off that I can suck so bad sometimes.

Irieguy