View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: woo hoo - got my first full blown brawl at the Imperial Palace

LOL, Good times!

Best brawl I ever saw was in Twin Lakes Wisconsin at a bar called Donovans's Reef. My band was playing there on a Saturday night and it was just packed! Two guys start getting into it at the bar which was about 10 yards on the other side of the dance floor from us. There is a college football team there from somewhere in Milwaukeee and they decide it would be fun for everyone to jump in. Next thing you know there are like 50 guys all fighting with each other. There are guys jumping off of tables into the crowd and everything. What do we do! Well, I am ready to freak out and the drummer laughs and calls out, "The Ballroom Blitz"! So we kick off the song and watch while playing. There is beer flying, guys lauging and throwing punches and potted palm tree getting knocked over left and right. On the third verse we see the bar manager fight his way up from the bottom of one of the piles and start waving his arms at us to stop so we wrap it up quick and go over to keep the rukus from spilling too close to our soundman! After about 10 minutes of this 8 cop cars show up and all is finished.

We take a 15 minute break, they clean up the spilled beer and set the palm trees back up and we play for another couple of hours with everyone still there laughing and carrying on with the exception of the original two that started the fight at the bar! They were the only two arrested! It was a fun night!

Have fun Whiskeytown! I wish I were there. I have been Jones'en for a Vegas trip for a couple of months now!