View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 01:44 PM

Default KQo in BB agaist possible steal

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

<font color="blue">Since he checked, I bet because I I've got 2 overcards and a gutshot, intending to maybe take the free card if he gives it.</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">I bet again because I figured the 9 for a scare card, and thus give him another chance to fold. I called the checkraise because I had 4 outs to the nut straight and if he was betting a low pocket pair in a steal attempt I had odds to try to catch up. </font>

River: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

<font color="blue">This was obvious. </font>

Final Pot: 11 BB

What do others think about 3-betting PF and calling the turn checkraise.