View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Final hand. A fun one.

[ QUOTE ]
Entity:

I'd like to hear why you like your flop bet here better than you liked my flop bet in the hand we discussed in the SS forum a couple days ago.

Edit:

For those not familiar, this was the flop bet Entity and I discussed.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets

Would just like to discuss differences that make one flop bet better than the other here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got the best hand against 2 horrible limper/coldcallers on this flop a fair amount of the time (yes, they often have draws), and I've got a crapload of initiative after a preflop cap on a K-high board. You're in an online game where no one trusts anyone, you've got Q-high and you don't get any chance to figure out what to have when they call or when they raise, and Q-high isn't winning you UI at showdown.

Rob