Thread: Older Women
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Older Women

I married an older woman and dated another before that, so I feel pretty competent to answer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

As with poker, it depends. She's likely looking at any candidate as one-night or long term. I say that because as people get older they don't want to waste a few months on someone with no long term potential.

The fact she isn't married yet or was divorced a few years ago may not mean much. She might not have felt ready to settle herself until recently. Studies have shown early 30's is the point at which people mentally start shifting from adolescent(self-oriented) to more adult behavior patterns.

Biological clock is definitely an issue. If she wants kids, don't waste anyone's time if you don't (or vice versa). If she already has kids, the clock isn't an issue, but I can tell you from experience, being a good step father is very, very hard. All of the responsibility, little authority, and your entire family you've banked your life around is gone to dust if you split up in the future. You also owe it to the kid(s) to take it seriously if you start to date. A "hit it now, worry later" mentality borders on cruelty to kids whose lives have already been thrown for a loop so early.

Beyond those words of advice/warning, I'm all for it. Older women (people in general) are more confident, which is sexy, more outgoing, and play fewer mind/relationship games.

I have always been more comfortable around people 5-10 years older than myself, from the time I was pre-teen even, so the fact I fell in love with an older woman was no shock to me.