View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Video Game Supremecy

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how many of you fighting games guys got the new Warriors game and what you think of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty decent, but can be short. I finished in three separate sessions, about 15 hours total. I'll go back and do all of the bonus stuff, unlock everyone and all, but the story mode itself is pretty short.

The AI can be good, though, and there are times where you can be surrounded and overwhelmed, at any difficulty level. Boss fights are very pattern-oriented, similar to old Double Dragon/Streets of Rage games.

If you have friends to play with, it's worth the purchase in order to play co-op and the various Rumble modes.

Oh, and speaking of old-school fighting games, when you complete The Warriors, you unlock a two-dimensional game called "Armies of the Night" that is a throwback to Double Dragon, more than any other game. It even has the famous Double Dragon intro, with the girlfriend being punched in the stomach and dragged off... all with a Warriors twist.

Warriors enthusiasts should make the purchase. Old-school fighter enthusiasts should as well. Others should rent before they buy.

[/long post]