View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Crappy Experience at Ameristar St. Louis Last Night

I went to the Ameristar last saturday and yea, the wait sort of sucks. I think I waited about 20 minutes to get into a 5/10 table although my friends got into 3/6 pretty quick. This was around 1pm. We decided to hit up the buffet around 3pm (which is surprising very good) and when we came back it was more of the same. However they did have immediate seating in the 20/40 game so I took that route.

Remember, the rule is you can buy $500 in chips every 2 hours whether you lose them or not. I bought in for $500 at the 5/10 game, managed to win a little, then bought another $500 after lunch so I had $1000 to sit down at the 20/40 table with. The regulars in that game seem to bring chips home with them which I might do if I play in that game more (I live in Bloomington so it is sort of a hike).

Also, talking to a regular at the table who has played at both Harrah's and Ameristar, he likes Ameristar a lot better. He said Harrah's runs a lot of NL and just a few low limit tables. He was just killing time to pick up his girlfriend who works at Harrah's even. He claimed to be a prop in the $75/150 on absolute though so he most likely doesn't have to wait long since the bigger games seemed to have an open seat usually (we were 4 and 5 handed for a while).