View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Live 2/5: QQ with re-raise in front of me

[ QUOTE ]
folding is not an option

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is definitely an option, one that should be considered here. Whether you fold or call depends on how you play the flop. What are you going to do on a 257r flop? Villian almost certainly will bet into you, his hand range either gives him an overpair or AK, either way he makes a continution bet. At that point you can try to get your stack in the middle, by raising right there or or getting it all-in on the turn. In that scenario I think you lose most of the time to a higher pair, because AK won't pay you off and a passive player doesn't reraise big with too many pairs lower than queens.

If you are going to fold on the rag flop when villian bets then realize you're playing for set value and treat this hand like any other small/middle pair. The raise is too big to justify playing for set value I think.

Then there are the flops that contain an A or K. You're basically folding the flop.

So, given all that and read on villian (passive pf, aggro postflop) I think this is a fold. If you were to broaden villian's range beyond what OP said (which is def possible) then an argument could be made for raising.

[ QUOTE ]
If you flop a set then there is a good chance you are getting alot of his money, but to fold that is the weakest thing I have heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling 14bb pf and folding when you don't hit your pocket pair is much weaker than folding pf.

JKratzer