View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: all minimum wage laws should be abolished

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They did show results, the whole trickle down theory works, the governemnt racked in more revenue even with those 850 million dollar tax cuts (I believe that was the number)

[/ QUOTE ]

The rebates had nothing to do with trickle down. No offense to you, Fishhooks, but it sounds like you are just piecing together little economic snippets that you have learned over the years. The point you are trying to make is incomprehensible in over half of your posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has everything to do with trickle down economics, and how that fuels the growth and spending and doesn't just go to the pockets of the "rich" people. Many of the tax cuts were for the "rich" not all but a lot of it was. The only tax cuts that the middle class recieved from my understanding is 500 more tax credits per child and each household recieved 2,000 in tax credits under certain brackets, the rest of the 850 million dollar tax cut whet to the rich. Since the government has gained more revenue even with these tax cuts proves trickle down economics to an extent. That the money is being trickled down by growning companies and going into the pockets of middle and lower class families and thats why spending is up even despite the intrest rake heights. Tell me please how this has nothing to do with trickle down economics.