View Single Post
Old 02-12-2003, 08:52 PM

Default Astro

Astroglide,

Glad to see a post where you actually share your thoughts with us. When a poster writes what you first did...

"95s it isn't even close, yawn"

It is very difficult for many of us to actually take that person seriously or even want to read anything they write any more. From a statistical point of view, your statemet is obviously correct and does not need to be debated. 95 suited is a better hand. However, fom other points of view, I do feel it is possible to be debated. These perspectives are valid ones and they are applicable at the poker table. While it may be true that even from these perspectives 95 suited is still better, it is not a black and white issue and it can withstand a debate.

By your own admission...

"i do word things too harshly, and i do need to elaborate more where i assume the details are clear (just because they are in my head)."

I, for one, would like to see you elaborate more on your thoughts. Since you obviously take this seriously, perhaps the rest of us could benefit more if we understood what you are thinking and the thought process you are using to get there. I think it would be a major boost to this forum if you would share with us your ideas in a bit more detail.

On a side note, I went back to October of last year and looked at your posts and the one thing I had hoped to find I did not. I was looking for an original post from you in the hopes I may better understand your thinking. It is possible I missed it, but all of your posts had "re" listed at the beginning which, if I am not mistaken, tells me you are responding to someone else. While this is an extremely valuable way to contribute to this forum, I for one would love to see an original post from you and I am confident many others on the forum would as well. There is obviously a level of thought going on in your head that we do not see in your written responses, and it would be good if we had an opportunity to see that.

Thanks for your more detailed explanation in the post I am currently responding to and hopefully we can see more of this in the future.

Just some thoughts...

Michael D.