Thread: AKs.
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: AKs.

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is the problem with not raising the flop. Its too easy for someone to bet twice with a weaker king or a queen.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this guy leads into me TWICE for a healthy bet with a crappy King, good for him, I'm folding. I do not see many people doing this without a better hand. Not at $200 NL and not against myself as I have a pretty solid image, or so I'd like to think. I just don't think this is a great hand in this spot. Against known aggressive opponents I'd probably raise the flop, but against unknowns, I like a call.

[ QUOTE ]
If I sensed the slightest bit of weakness in your flop call, I'd bet again on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I assume you're a decent poker player. A lot of people suck.

[ QUOTE ]
This is also something that happens if you don't raise the flop. You don't know if he was betting into you with a queen, or a king.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I raise, and he calls, how exactly does that narrow down his holdings? He could still have AK, AQ, KQ, JT, 99, Q9, QJ, KJ, etc. Bleh. I think an element we are forgetting here is that, assuming this guy has AQ or something, I've gotten extremely unlucky on the turn. 90% of the time, the turn does not help him.

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely. I might fold the hand now. I really don't like that check/raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it comes down to reads on the player. I don't want to give a free card here, but I also don't want to get CR. I think a bet is reasonable. AAArrghh.. jeah, maybe a check is best. All in favor?