View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Too aggressive? (3 examples)

Hand 1: Raise pre-flop from UTG here 100% of the time at $1 $2. KK is not a good slow-play hand and $1 $2 is not a limit to get fancy at. Rest is OK, I often don't cap the flop here so that I can check-raise the turn trapping the middle guy for an extra bet.

Hand 2: Fine, the pot is large and you have good equity which you can comfortably take now. Without the paired 8 this is a call but with it a raise is good. I would raise the turn here with the SB allin. Your 8s are likely better than anything the button has so make him pay as much as you can to continue.

Hand 3: On the flop there is just about enough with implied to take one off. Turn raise is just about OK if you had a read that the player would drop medium hands to a turn raise, but a 35% VP$IP player is folding here very rarely and a call is usually better. River, give it up already, he is folding nothing here not even ace high. A bluff maybe the only way to win the pot but you will not find a fold here the 1 in 9 times you need for it to be profitable.