View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 05:00 AM

Default Re: 10-20 Stud8 Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that would say 3rd is a fold? Yes, the ante structure proposes tight play and is there more than a minimum chance this hand will scoop? I'm probably not as experienced as most of you guys, but I have a gut feeling this hand is asking for trouble and I'm not suprised about ending up on 5th or 6th facing big troubles - what the heck am I gonna do? I advocate a fold and wait for 3s 4s 5s. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would make this call just about always, and I'm ready to fold 4th immediately if things look bad (you catch good, but they catch better - or you catch bad, period). Your implied odds look like they're big enough to peel.

I don't think I would have bet fourth. A good card fell, but nobody really picked up any bricks. One of those guys has 4 to an 8-low and you're chasing with only 3 to a low. You've still got lots of high chances coming, but your straight needs to hit a gutshot 5 and your 8s are dead for the high straight. So you're looking at sixes up or sevens up as your likely high hand. It might be enough, but I would like to get to 5th cheaply.