View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: David Cross is an Animal: David vs. Larry the Cable Guy

[ QUOTE ]
Let's drop pants and measure when it comes to comedy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This amuses me. Still, I would be lying if I said I wasn't disturbed by another man suggesting that we both drop our pants.

[ QUOTE ]

Who do you like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of my favorites are dead or past their primes. Bill Hicks continues to be a source of great laughs for me. Mitch Hedberg was good, too.

I'd have to put Carlin towards the top of my list. His last special wasn't very special, though.

Hmm...

Even though he doesn't do much stand-up these days, Robert Klein is way up there for me. Cross should be somewhere in my list, as well.

Man, stand-up really has gone downhill. It's tough for me to think of good current names. Perhaps I'm being stupid about Stanhope, but there is no way anyone can convince me that he is better than a practicing George Carlin or Robert Klein.

Now, it's late, and I have some reading to do. Supposedly Brian Greene's "The Elegant Universe" is good for people who have a passing interest in physics. I'd like to get to it before my eyes glaze over from too many hours on the computer. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]