View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: KJs in MP, flop nut flush draw

My thoughts, looking back:
pre-flop - I should probably raise this

flop - given that I didn't raise pre-flop, but the guy behind me did raise pre-flop, the flop check-raise is a no-brainer, and works to perfection

turn - I thought of betting out, but on further reflection, why would I bet out? I have no fold equity three-way, and even if both call, I don't think I quite have the pot-equity to bet it out. So, I think check/call is right there.

river - I like the idea of betting out in the hopes of trapping MP2 for another bet. If MP3 raises, do I 3-bet, or go for an overcall?

On to cap or not - I can't really put MP3 on any hand that beats me that wouldn't come alive preflop or on the flop. Definitely no AA. 22 and 1010 are possibilities, but I would expect to hear from sets on the flop with a flush draw out there. 210 wouldn't play against a raise. So that leaves A2. On the other hand, what sort of hand 3-bets the river after a turn check/caller comes alive when a flush draw hits? A lower flush? QTh, maybe?

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
I just bought poker tracker, but I'm not used to paying much attention to the numbers on MP3. After the hand, I realized that MP3 was super-passive. As such, the cap was clearly incorrect. I was still shocked by what he turned over.
Hero has Jh Kh (flush, ace high).
MP3 has Ad Ac (full house, aces full of twos).
Outcome: MP3 wins 19.25 BB. </font>