Thread: Stars 15+1
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Stars 15+1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ill explain my thoughts after some responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

push.
explain thoughts.
I'm curious to hear why you don't love this.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not the SB I am worried about as he will fold everything up to about 5 hands.

What I hate is that BB is always calling...And maybe 40% of the time I am creating a new 3 way scenario. When BB wins he has almost 4000 and we are are, for all intents and purposes, all even again given the blinds are 800. I feel like I am better off keeping the status quo and picking off SB some more if possible. IOW, I have no exploitation ability in this hand, its my 2 vs. his. Whereas, if I fold, I can either:

lock up at least 2nd if SB gets him, or, steal SB's blind again and widen the stack gap some more for heads up.

Maybe I am going crazy...cas A8 is a monster 3 way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going to have to face him down sooner or later. mostly sooner, because if you let him have a few blinds he will have a stack that will cripple you. Or at least bring you to even.
You need to get him now. You certainly can't wait for a better hand or better position.
The blinds are huge and it is something of crap shoot time anyway.
And I disagree with the poster who wants to just put the smallstack allin and laydown if the middle stack re raises. You fear very few hands from him.
I must agree with your self analysis of going crazy as this is a monster hand in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I agree I am crazy. I think previously (in other SNGs) I have put the shortie in with less than stellar holdings unnecessarily and it came back to haunt me when I took third. (after so much work exploiting the stack sizes to biuld a huge stack). This case is diffenent in that A8 plays great on its own here.

The point of this hand was not to discuss SB at all, which you picked up on.

What is the worst holding you shove with here UTG, same stacks? Is it pretty wide given the extreme likliehood it will be HU b/t you and BB?