View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 06:44 AM

Default Re: I Quit My Day Job

Man, I second this sentiment to fully.

I'm 43, been working since I was 14. If I could but make this work and get out of the rat race for good, you could never convince me that it was worse than the working world. Heck I spent the last 5 years staring at computer problems on a terminal at one of the biggest computer companies in the world. So what's the difference what computer screen I stare at, right?

If I could equal or multiply(!) my income doing poker online and never have to even drive in to work, not have to live in the freakin town where *they* decide to put the d'mn data center, etc. what's to complain about?

No bosses, no subordinates, no inventory, no dual occupancy cubicles with the doofus that puts his dirty feet up on the desk, no office politics, etc.. Geez, it's all the same attractions as online day trading. And probably requires a smaller bankroll.

But of course it has the same pratfall...."Is it *really* going to work for *you*???"

(Aside from the general fluctation issues, obviously.)

Geezus, if I could but make it work. And work soon! LOL!

[ QUOTE ]
2 years of working online at home. I love it baby. And I have enough interests, hobbies and girls to occupy my spare time. To Hell with the rat race.

[/ QUOTE ]