View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 07:26 PM

Default My Review...2.5 out of 4 stars

just finished watching it- ...

wow - cheesy cheap effects and cheesy DIGITAL effects at that - in 2005.

It was good....

I just really liked the 1954 Godzilla. When he was a statement on atomic energy gone bad. When he wasn't a punchline or a kid's cartoon, but a stone cold killer like a dinosaur stalking you.

The original in 1954 had comments like this (in the Japanese Version - cut from the American version for obvious reasons...)

[ QUOTE ]
(character speaking in reference to Godzilla) - I can't take this again - not after Hiroshima and Nagasaki...

[/ QUOTE ]

-------

Space aliens my ass...

But yah...not bad - but for all the hype I guess I was hoping for a LITTLE less cheese -

they even had gadsuki and the mini-twins, for crying out loud...LOL

----------

interesting Trivia - from IMDB.COM

This 28th Godzilla film marked the final use of Toho's "Big Pool" (which did the water scenes for all Toho special effects-related films since Hawai Middouei daikaikusen: Taiheiyo no arashi (1960), for which it was constructed; The Big Pool was 88 meters wide and 72 meters long). It was given one final performance when it was last used for this film on September 7th, and was demolished on October 13th. Toho's decision to destroy the pool was due to "progress of special effects technology such as CG, and a large-scale reconstruction plan of the studio." This was considered by many to be the end of an era.

RB