View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Thoughts on the future of PartyGaming (PRTY.L)

The price drop today was influced by yesterdays announcement that pokerroom may become a large competitor if they go through with a 500m buyout and because some analysts (notably Lehman brothers) changed Party's rating to underweight mostly due to party's recent "outperformance".

IMO, Pokerroom, even with a larger database of players, is no threat to party, but i could see why an analyst could think it is.

Also, party's recent performance was due to a true value increase in the worth of the stock, initated by a genuinely great update report that tells of a great past and predicts a bright future. In addition, Party will be pumping tons of new promotions come the new year, which i dont doubt will have a greater postive effect on their site versus any other sites attempting similar efforts.

This may be a good oppurtinity to take advantage of the analysts spin on the market and buy some more party. I know i'm at least holding on to my current shares, but might buy a few more in the next day or more. Any thoughts?