View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Negreanu now vs. 8 months ago... sad times.

[ QUOTE ]
Negreanu has had astonishing success in the last year

[/ QUOTE ]

Bares Repeating. I've known Daniel for a few years. Let me clarify that. I've know Daniel but he hasn't known me. Well, he doesn't know my name. We played in a few games at Bellagio when he was blowing off chips at the lower limits. Daniel in my opinion was/is a "cocky" young fellow. I do not meen that in a bad way. He seemed to me to be very confident in his abilities and that confidence showed through as being cocky. What I remember most from my encounters with Daniel is that he was always polite. Even after all of his recent success he still makes an effort to acknowledge me whenever he sees me. Years ago I thought that Daniel would be a great spokesman for poker. Obviously, Steve Wynn agrees. I think the kid desreves the benefit of the doubt and maybe a little more time to mature and come down from an incredible year. I believe that he is "good guy" and will do positive things that eventually silence his critics.

Like the fellow said:

[ QUOTE ]
Negreanu has had astonishing success in the last year

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's give him a break and wish him well. Tournament Pro's should loud this kid. His success in nationally Televised Poker Events will help to ensure big overlays in tournaments for a long, long time.

Vince