View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Do Online Players Going B&M Have a Lot of Tells?

player reads are for the most part are meaningless until the 20-40 range in LMHE IMHO. I think 99 out of 100 players are clueless, or better yet unthinking, until you reach this level. FWIW I can almost always tell an internet player in the B&M simply by the way they handle there chips and place bets (PS this really only applies to the internet players that think they are good poker players, the good WINNING internet players are pretty schooled in B&M and not too many of them play 20-40 or less), again IMHOand unfortunately, not that all internet players are rude, but I find the rudest players are the on-line players, I guess they are too use to flaming other players in their chat browsers [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Don't get me wrong, it is probably just a small minority but it is what I see. As far as tells, the most reliable and easiest to read tell from beginner B&M players (and yes even at the higher limits up to 40-80) that I am experienced at is the subconcious hand trembling when they have a big hand. When I see this I almost always fold unless I have the nuts. Caro notes this also,,,,,Players always think that other players are looking at their face so they focus on not giving anything through facial tells, but the hands are really where the tells are [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]