View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: blind steal gone wrong - comments?

[ QUOTE ]
Worst steal ever, quite possibly. You're second to act, so at any level buy-in, this is risky.

More importantly, you're at a micro level buy-in. They don't pay attention to an UTG+1 raise, they just see a raise and will call with K9+.

I'm generalizing here, but stealing from UTG+1 with a less than marginal hand in a micro buy in MTT is suicide.

[/ QUOTE ]

WIth 75 players left,people know about UTG raises. Believe me, you would be surprised to see how many good players there actually are.

I like the preflop bet alot since it isn't a marginal hand and if you get called you have an easy time throwing it away unless you hit the flop good, compared to lets say KJ if its a K high flop, not as easy to fold. I love doing steal from UTG with anything but marginal hands since I can fold them in a heartbeat.

So yes, this is clearly a fold.

EDIT: And that there are 3 big stacks don't matter, do they really want to tango vs Hero that really can cripple them? If they decide to call, they sure have something.

EDIT2: As Liberalis said, the only thing I don't like, is the blinds, those 1200 extra you get isn't worth it when you have a 20K+stack