View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Musings on an archived quote

I think there's a lot to learn from it and I hate the feeling that I'm only getting 25% of it.

Irieguy says a lot of my thinking is only one level deep and he's dead-on-balls accurate. That's tough to change, though. Gotta work at it, I guess.

On to adanthar's quiz...
[ QUOTE ]
1)What implied odds are you giving the lone coldcaller of your raise to call it?

[/ QUOTE ]
1) I'm not sure what you're getting at here. His immediate odds are (1+1/x) to 1, where x is a fraction of the pot. So he's getting immediately 3 to 1 on a 1/2 pot bet or 5 to 1 on a 1/4 pot bet. To calculate implied odds depends on a multitude of factors. So I'm not sure what you mean here.

[ QUOTE ]
2)If you are a fan of the HoH2 probe bet vs. continuation bet distinction, how much information are you leaking about your hand in connection with that bet size? (this one has been awesome online lately)

[/ QUOTE ]
2) I don't think you leak very much information at all unless you're showing down hands where you've done each. But you learn less about your opponents hand, also, and you're giving a cheaper look at a turn card.

[ QUOTE ]
1)If you are him, attempt to balance a bet size sufficient to get overcards out of the hand with one that he can still fold when you have aces and checkraise, coupled with the times that you have either of those two and just call.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) This was very interesting to me. Villain is likely too scared of a c/r to bet an amount that would induce me to fold overcards.

[ QUOTE ]
2)When you give up on #1 being at all profitable in the overall flow of the hand, describe the implied odds of that LAG's PF floater call with J9o.

[/ QUOTE ]
2) This makes calling a pfr with J9o hard work. He should know I'm very likely to at least see the turn, and if one overcard appears, he's in ugly shape.

Thanks to all the replies.