View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: A new poker analysis site that i\'ve been working on

[ QUOTE ]
Why plot it as cumulative ev ? I understand that at the end of the day you want to give the "total profit". But I think it might be more useful to plot the derivative. I think this would make moments when you lose control (tilt) more evident. Specially if they happen towards the end of a long session, when the overall scale of the graph might blur it out.

I guess, the derivative plots too erratically to convey any info... so by integrating you are smotthing the function. Maybe it would be nice to plot the unintegrated fcn for only the hands that you play.

B

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be far too erratic to be relevant. The problem is that the potential profit is very closely related to the pot size, and the pot size of hands you are involved in has some pretty large variance.

Also, since potential profit isn't exactly perfect. For example it is hard to get a positive potential profit if you aren't getting any good cards, by smoothing it out you can see the overall picture a little better, so only long downturns will be noticable, which are more easily categorized as bad play.