View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: A new poker analysis site that i\'ve been working on

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still confused. If each x-coordiante represents a hand where you willfully played then if you play +ev hands each of these datapoints should lie above the x-axis (ie be profitable). However, it would seem to me that each hand's ev should be independent from the others - if hand #352 is AA, why would hand #353 have higher ev ?

It seems to me that a correct preflop choices should have a graph which is mostly positive - with the slope carrying no information.

(Actually, there is a weaker correlation between hand number and ev in that position will increas the ev of any hand - however, this is repeats every ten hands and so at most should be a sawtooth pattern)

Does the algortihm take into account what other people were holding if there is a showdown ?

The profit part of the program is what I like best. I think its sweet to have a means of seeing id one was making +ev decisions preflop. Helps one keep sane.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little clarification.

The X-Axis is hands played, and the Y-Axis is Potential Profit. It is not just a hand that you played PF, it is all hands. So if you fold PF not in a blind, your potential profit for that hand will be $0, because you didn't put any money into the pot. Since the graph is showing the Potential Profit of your total session, and not each hand, each data point naturally builds off the previous one, so if you have an overall positive slope for the graph, then you are average + potential profit on each hand, which is good.

Also, the Potential Profit is not only pre-flop, but every aspect of the hand where money went into the middle (flop, turn, river,