View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: 11s tight as hell lately?

I just started playing the $11s and have no idea what you're talking about. Many (most) of the players seem very bad and plenty are out before high blinds. Then, in the high blinds they limp a ton with like random hands, sometimes folding, sometimes calling a raise with their very mediocre hand. They also seem to call pushes from a big stack with A2 when they're second biggest stack with like 5 or 4 players left. I'm not sure what the problem is with any of this.

With higher blinds, can't bad players make even bigger and more frequent mistakes than in level 1?? (I'm not really talking about the players calling open pushes with KTs in level 1....they obviously are making a huge mistake).

Also, with the new blind level, it seems it gives bad opponents who are tight in the first few rounds another middle blind level to misplay their hands and dump chips. I'm not entirely sure the game would take much longer at all (at least in the $11s) since most of the time players don't need huge blinds to go broke...it is much more dependent on the players at the table.

How much time does everyone think the new blinds will actually add to a game? 2 minutes? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?!

Luminous