View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Should I finish college? (long)

I'd finish school mostly for the reasons Josh pointed out. If you want to be lazier and have more time to play drop AcSci.

One thing that hasn't been said yet is that it's harder than you think to just start up a business, especially if you intend it to be passive income. Here's the problem with that, you basically have resigned to bringing nothing to the table besides capital. As a 21 year old, or even a 31 year old, you will not have the most capital around and as a high school graduate without full time employment you will likely have a much harder time borrowing funds than someone with your income level "should". I'm not saying you won't be able to, just that banks will require you to jump through hoops and likely keep way more cash on hand than makes any sense from an opportunity cost perspective.

Enough on fiannce though, that's not really the point. There are lots of benefits to having a degree beyond getting a better "9-5 job". Since you are so close to being dont and your parents are willing to pay I really think you should finish.