View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 05:40 AM

Default Re: Play a Foxwoods hand with me

[ QUOTE ]
From Sirio's read, I am presuming we should give him less credit than usual.

Once we get it heads up with him, I think betting 2400 makes it easy for him to make a good decision. We bet out after a King here, he is going to have a very hard time calling with JT, T7 (which is fine with me). But we also let weak Aces off the hook, and A8+ isnt going anywhere anyway. I am not overly worried about free cards, since our flush draw kills a few of his outs. I guess I dont see a many hands calling us that we are crazy about, but I could see a few betting into us.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is sort of the point of the size of the bet. I am letting him get away from his str8 draw by making him pay twice as much as he should, or I am letting him fold 5 out hands. That's what we are looking at here, he has 5-8 outs or we have none (because if he likes his hand, do we have ANY outs on the turn?). So we are acting "as if" our hand is good. We are betting an amount that is incorrect to call, induces folds from most hands, but still gets some incorrect calls. OR he leaves us with an easy decision by raising us. (this is before we know the turn is the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) We want this hand to be over with as soon as possible. It is ugly, it is scary, and it isn't the way I'd choose to see my stack grow. So we give him an easy decision so that our decision is even easier.