View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Raise preflop, bet the flop, now what?

Spicy, there was a really good post back a few weeks that is worth looking for. I wish I could remember some of the details to direct you better but I don't. Perhaps QTip remembers it as he was involved in the thread. The synopsis of that thread was - there is no SOP, play it differently every time based on the information present. What I got out of it was play the players and the playing conditions more .... Some example considerations to factor in: what is my table image? Who is in the hand with me? What type of players are they? etc. etc. Then you begin factoring aspects like: they're both calling stations and will call down with any piece of the board + my table image needs some polishing + pots small + I'm out of position = this time I check; or for example: my table image is excellent, I've taken down the last two pots with TPTK, one of these guys for sure has shown he can fold, I can likely represent an over-pair here, unless I meet resistance I'm going to fire at the flop and the turn, etc. etc. Sorry this is so general and non-specific. But I've been finding my "over-card only" play improved by using this general advice and really flipping a switch in my head to play the players and the game conditions more than the board. FWIW. Cheers.