View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Small overpair big pot. 5-10NL

Well, I have to say that some of the replies dont make sense to me. A couple of you insinuate that I should make the call with KK or AA. How is that any different than 99? Will one of these players have TT-QQ often enough to really make an EV difference? Furthermore, that seems like a horrible way to play them, as almost all of the time youll only be called by someone who beats you. My point of view was this. The short stack who went all in was a pretty fishy player. I was planning on calling if it got folded back around to me. I dont think Id get too much disgreement with that. So all I have to worry about is the check raiser. Now why would he push all in like that? I know some players are capable of doing the "I have a set but want to make it look like I dont want a call all in", but I definitely didnt think this was one of those. IF he had a set I was almost positive he would have smoothcalled and tried to slowplay. So I put him on a spade draw, or a combo draw. And since I was going to call the first guy anyways, this just added pot equity. Comments?