View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: End of year review. Some common situations.

The stop and go just screams...I like my hand...a little...please don't raise.

That's why it's a good line with a big hand but a pretty lousy line with a hand you can't even call a raise with but is definitely worth showing down.

But the big thing here is a draw doesn't "sometimes" bet. A draw usually bets here if he's aggressive enough to raise the flop with it. Shorthanded, full or whatever...this turn doesn't get checked through as often as you seem to think.

As far as the bet/call I was just comparing the three options since I wasn't sure how you were handling the raise. I wasn't saying you should call if you bet and are raised. I was just pointing out that a fraction of a BB mistake isn't a "disaster" and that your line is what opens you up to a much worse mistake.

Besides that...you seem to just be assuming your opponent either has a good draw here or better hand and assuming that your opponent will never raise the turn if you're ahead. Neither is true. Also, your thoughts on win/losses and equity are off. You don't lose 2 BB when you call down. Your hand is good sometimes or you wouldn't call down. You don't win 1 BB when your opponent is on a draw. You win a fraction of a BB and considering that your opponent will bet that draw when checked to quite a bit it's a small fraction.