View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: altercation w/ dealer and floor at Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]

I guess it's up to me to point out to you that not everyone has the same tolerance for profanity that you do.

[/ QUOTE ]
You may be right. I don't hold much stock in "profanity" but a lot of people do. I do however disagree that tone of voice comes second to choice of words. I don't think the floor cared what so ever at my use of "a--hole" in private- he didn't show any signs he did, but of course he may have. Oddly enough when I said that to him his response was "no, I know..." which was about as eye to eye as we saw. Personally, I think it's completely mature of me to use language like that in private with another grown man. I don't think it had an impact on the conversation anyway. Frankly, I don't feel I should have to mince words with him after him calling me a name (which is something I didn't do to anyone involved). I feel that lacks a lot more class and respect than dropping a "wtf" or "a-hole", both of which were used without an insulting or disrespectful intent. But I guess that's just a matter of taste. Keep in mind, he insulted me at a table before ever having the pleasure of hearing most of my beautiful vocabulary. I feel I extended more courtesy to him than vice versa