View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Am I missing something???

"I *would* rather avoid conflips, but frankly, if avoid playing a hand because you don't like coinflips, you may be sitting on two hands (AA/KK) that you'll pick up less than one time in 100, and he's getting odds to steal from you with any two cards, given he still has at least 20% shot when you do catch him. (assuming you're the only one in the way... oversimplification of course)"

Let me amend/clarify my former statement about coinflips by saying that I am *much* more willing to get into a perceived coinflip situation when I am the one going all-in, since then I have ~50% + (whatever chance he will fold to an all in raise)% to win.

Obviously, when you are short-stacked its a different story, and you're lucky to get a hand that you feel like is a 50% chance to win. Obviously, you'd still rather be the one to move in your chips first, but at that point you gotta take what you can get.

Also, I was assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the table was full or close to it, given that the blinds were still relatively low. If this is a 3 or 4 handed table, what I would call with would loosen considerably (still not AQ or AJ though unless this guy was going all-in constantly).