View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 12:44 PM

Default AQo bubble facing habitual pusher

Couple of nights ago my friend and I (who are both NL cashgame players at the 2-4$ level yet are green to tourneys) played in the Pokerroom $50 daily. We've been doing this for several weeks now as a sort of relaxation therapy and finish ITM more often than not but have yet to cash anywhere near 4 digits. We've set a up a shared bankroll for these purposes and try to be as TA as possible.

Anyway, last night a situation arose that had us on the outs, which rarely happens. It's bubble time (31 players left; 30 get paid). Person two spots to our left has been disconnecting a lot and whenever she (female nick) can retain connection for some time it seems that 65% of the time she folds. The other 35% she pushes. She has pushed in her stack 4 times already in the space of 4 orbits and has prospered from lack of callers. Our stack is 8500 and she covers with 11,5k.

Blinds 300/600. We're UTG+1 and raise to 2k holding AQo. Immediately she pushes it all in. A veto is cast by my friend and he folds the hand before any more can be argued about it. Now, as much as I hate calling off the rest of my chips with AQ, in my mind this was a clear call.

My friend countered with the observation that although she had been dipping her stack in quite liberally, he had not yet seen her doing it as a reraise. A good criticism and one which i couldn't defuse. Now, my friend has always been more of a survivalist whereas I feel, especially since lurking here and reading the Anthologized posts, a stronger pull to the accumulation side. Which is probably why I don't finish ITM nearly as much on my own as when I'm playing together with my friend.

Long story short. What percentage of time would you call/fold here? My own position was pretty adamant afterwards, in the bar, licking our wounds after finishing 26th, that I would call there 90% of the time, given the same information.