View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Expanding my horizons: playing draws aggressively

Hi all,

I suggest to push on the flop. I want to maximize fold equity against weak hands and apply pressure on better hands.

Villian might fold draws, small overpairs (fearing you limped with a big overpair), TPTK etc. As these villians/seat 10s most likley holdings giving them a card to improve makes no sense to me.

Villians/Seat 10s most likely calling hands are two pair, set or a straight.

If you push into a set well you still got 8 outs. Pot equity should be around 35% to 40%.

A straight, oh well....

I do not like the turn reraise. If villian is bluffing a smaller reraise will do. If villian holds something (I think he does) that beats you most likley UTG limping hands which are worth a call on the flop (You say that you play ABC poker so the range is quite small) a 9 is scary to villian but not the end of the world and he might be able put you on the diamond flush/straight draw semi bluff with a set as worst case. So if you want to play for your stack it might be better to semi bluff reraise a smaller amount and than bluff on the river if none of your outs hits to represent the set/straight/big pair whatever. A call might be okay but many of your outs kill the action so I would not expect a big payoff.

To me pushing with a wider range of hands is a meta game thing and affects all other playing decisions because it changes your table image. So I think it is important to see the big picture and also check if your "normal" play is suited to take maximum advantage of the "new" table image.

Have a nice day
Chris