View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Re: BillyJex is a punk

The more i think about this hand, the more i don't like how i played it. Tt obviously worked out but i'll go through my thoughts..

A big part of the reason why I didn't reraise was MLG limping & the CO limping (who I had no read on.) I decided that 1) I didn't want to play a big pot OOP if I didn't want to and have to deal w/ an A/K/Q flop against an aggressive player. I also figured if I flopped a set or an overpair it was well hidden (by raising from the BB, I also knew MLG would be able to narrow my hand range pretty solidly.)

Basically, I wanted to get away from the hand easily. I was sitting pretty with 30xbb or so and didn't want to go broke if the flop was ugly.

Of course, one thing I didn't consider was that MLG is raising pretty much any 2 decent cards here. His limp actually seems like serious weakness and any hand w/ A/K/Q he would raise. I didn't really think about that.

The flop was pretty good for me, but my thinking was slightly flawed again. Once MLG bet, I figured him for mostly air, maybe 44, 66, a big heart (which of course now I realize isn't possible. He'd raise PF.) I figured my hand was strong enough to take it down right now abd cut off his odds if he had a big heart. I think in some ways I was risking too much for too little when most of the time a hand that will call me will be a set or a small flush since MLG's limp PF was probably some weak cards.

On the previous hand, we were at another table but amazingly in the some position against each other. CO limped, MLG (button) limped, and I checked the BB w/ Q9o. Flop was A Q 5, two clubs. Checked to MLG and he bet and I knew both him and the CO didn't have an A because of their limps and as long as they didn't have 55 I would take it down. After we got moved I told MLG what I had, not figuring we'd meet up again in the same position.

Funny how in that hand I considered MLG's range to be pretty weak because of his limp but I gave his range too much credit in the big hand.