View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Desperation part 2

How do you always manage to end up UTG super short stacked? Maybe you didnt have the chance (god awful cards, raised pots, etc) but you should really look to pull your desperate moves in LP. You seem to be in this spot a lot.

On to the hands

Hand 1 I go.
Since youre going to be auto-allinned in the next BB basically, if you see anything worthy here you should go. T7s suits me just fine. Offsuit I probably fold, because it's not really any better than two random cards (in which case I shoulda just pushed any two a few hands ago). I'm sorta expecting a call, and being suited is a big help in sucking out. It's usually good for 5% equity ish.

Hand 2 I pass
8 way, and you have enough chips to wiggle a little. Whereas in hand 1 the blinds represented half of your stack, here I don't think you're quite short enough for this.

Hand 3 I push, and hope the SB doesn't have anything.
There are 5 people behind you, but 4 of them are medium short, and really don't want to call. If they were really short or really big they'd loosen their ranges, but you cripple anyone who calls you and none of them are so deperate that they have to go with A3 or K6s.

Kings