View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 03:02 AM

Default Re: Splitting the MTT Forum

Ok, some random points.

1. I think there is more than enough traffic to support a split.

2. There is definitely a difference in play between a 3 dollar tourney and a sunday special. However the differences in my opinion are less pronounced than they are in ring games. So while in the ring forums the difference in play at different levels is so severe that it demands separate forums, in the MTT world while its an argument for a split it doesnt necessetate it.

3. A split might encourage the better posters from other forums to become more active in the tournament realm (guys like J.V. and Hiatus Over for example). This is a huuuuuuuuge plus.

4. I don't think a split would be negative for the smaller stakes players. People already respond to only what they're interested in, that wont change if the posts are in 1 forum or 2. For example I rarely post in smaller stake threads, but if an interesting discussion breaks out, I'll give my thoughts. That wouldnt change for most posters with a forum split.

Overall I think I'm probably for splitting the forum, although I dont think its vital. I view it as simply better managing information, and not really changing the quality of discussion one way or the other, and I have yet to see an argument against splitting that makes sense.