View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: A Few Points and Wisdom from Ray Zee

[ QUOTE ]
Have to disagree with you here Rick. As several others have said, no matter WHAT action a person takes in turn, it is additional information for those who act behind him. The argument that checking out is unethical (or bad etiquette) because it gives someone more information is simply illogical.

It may be frustrating to others in the hand, but MANY legal actions are frustrating to other players in the hand.

When someone comments to me about checking out in turn, I let them have it - in a respectful manner of course, but it usually includes the word brainwashed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unethical is probably too strong a word but I still think it is bad ettiquete and in fact a mistake since the person who often checks out of turn is leaking information.

Also note that the additional information is unequally useful, i.e., the players with marginal bluffing or betting hands are perhaps helped more (I say perhaps since I'm not able do the math/logic not having slept last night).

Keep in mind this no longer bothers me but I am curious as to why any thinking player would do it (unles they believe possibly not showing their hand when online is more important than information leakage during the hand - and in B&M you can bullet fold a bust anyway if the river action gets checked through).

Anyway, I'm never going to do it and it doesn't bother me so it's no big deal.

~ Rick