View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Borgata 20/40 Hand, Interesting Turn CR

A hand from this past weekend at the Borgata 20/40. Amidst my cold session, I came across this hand and a pretty nice sized pot and figured with how tight I was playing I'd take a stab at stealing it. Looking for thoughts on the hand and the play.

Table is a mixture of uber loose passives and 1 or 2 loose aggressives.

Main player in this hand is a young asian kid, regular, who is quite an aggressive player and whom I haven't found to be overly creative and seems to oddly fluctuate between calling down when he knows he's beat and making what I consider to be ridiculous folds. My assumption and hope in this hand is that I can push him off his.

Here's how it went down...

I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the SB.

Everyone, yes everyone (6 players), limps to Young Asian Kid (YAK) on the button (10th player actually got up for a bathroom break or something but he would have called two cold here) and he raises, I call, BB calls, everyone else calls.

So nine of us to the flop for 18SBs.

Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Everyone checks to YAK, who pauses momentarily and says "I'll take a shot" and tosses out 4 reds. I contemplated raising here, but feel it won't accomplish anything because all of the LPs behind me are certain to call even a raise with overcards or a T. So I just call (?!?) looking to evaluate the action and see if I can pick up a heart draw on the turn, but more so based on the turn really plan on CRing any "safe" card if it gets checked to YAK again and he bets. And once again, everyone calls.

Onto the turn with 9 players and 27SB (13.5BBs) in the pot.
Turn brings the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] with a board of 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Again, checked to YAK who thinks for a few seconds but does not verbalize, looks at the pot like he wants it and quietly but quickly makes two stacks of 4 reds.

I immediately say raise, push out a stack of 20 reds and pull off 4 from the top...

Thoughts thus far?