View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: my biggest leak (a bit long but I woud REALLY appreiciate feedback

I know that some drugs for neurological/chemical issues can have some rough side effects. There are a large class of drugs that do a great job of treating what they are supposed to, but sometimes the side effects are more difficult to deal with than the initial problem.

If you've gotten this far in your life even after being diagnosed, you can probably overcome this as well, but it may be good to check with a dr. Liberalis' suggestion of some therapy is good. I was always sceptical of psychotherapy, until I underwent some. Now I'm of the opinion that we could probably all use some at some time or another.

Focus issues are a problem for many of us these days; we are inundated and bombarded with so many different things and so much inforamtion each day. We're encouraged to multi-task(and multi table).

I suffer from the same thing some times. I've done a couple of things that seem to help. One would be some meditation or just quiet time occasionally. Work on clearing your mind and relaxing it from all the peripheral thoughts. Another thing would be to do only one thing and focus exclusively on that for a period of time - kind of a zen-like "meditation in practice."

If you are strongly against medication, but find that you need something, try some of the herbals on the market. I have a friend who swears by gingko.