View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: is this forum going to hell?

It's insane to say that NL100 players are, on average, better than NL400 players. And this board is supposed to be for mid-stakes and high-stakes games. High stakes, IMO, is 5K stacks or over or somewhere thereabouts. Anything between 1K and 5K is certainly mid-stakes, again IMO.

Anything below 1K, if it exhibits some sort of breathtaking insight or some incredibly unusual situation against a very good opponent (perhaps someone who normally plays higher, for instance) I can see the value in posting it here. But really not that many people play NL600 anyways, so I don't think it makes much of a difference either way. It's always been here, let it stay here, I guess.

But lower than NL600 games are simply not very often played against extremely sophisticated opponents. There are plenty of posters in SSNL who can and do beat NL400. It's not like there is not another forum on here which can provide very valuable advice. Once, a long long time ago, several of the best MHNL posters also posted in SSNL. There are still a few who occasionally do. Instead of having people who recently were playing NL200 and are now playing NL400 posting their hands up in MHNL where most of the posters aren't that interested in them, I think it would be much more beneficial for them to be posted in SSNL where the posters will be very interested in seeing some higher limit hands in games that they will be playing in shortly and then the people who played those hands will be more involved in the SSNL forum then they currently are where they will contribute much more being at the top of the pyramid than they will in MHNL at the bottom of the pyramid. I'm not saying not to read both, or even not to post in both, but I think the play at NL400 and below is much more suited to the SSNL board than it is to the MHNL board. Again, IMO.